Saturday, December 1, 2007

Your Emails: AES / Deferment Requests

Thank you for this website. I too am living the student loan nightmare. I am a parent who has cosigned for student loans for my son. His requests for deferrals and hardship forbearance since he is still in medical school have been ignored and I receive phone calls daily from PHEAA threatening to ruin my credit rating if I do not make payment. I am filing a complaint with the Attorney General for the state of Michigan. I do very much appreciate the links you provided. I feel like crying but I don't have any more tears.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please contact the Attorney General's Office for the State of PA. They are investigating similar abuses by AES.

justice said...

i am involved in a lawsuit asking 32 million in punitive charges for the abuse and illegal activities of AEs..Simply they are crooked loan sharks that ignore law and they will suffer.

Anonymous said...

I am facing a similar issue with AES/PHEAA out of Harrisburgh PA. I just filed a complaint with the A-G in Pennsylvania. It is all the same issues with AES/PHEAA as indicated here and on other sites. Is anyone aware of how successful this is or about the lawsuit mentioned by 'justice'? Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Don't cry for these criminals. Save your tears for something that matters. I'm not surprised that so many people have so many problems with a desperate student loan company in Harrisburg, PA - a bankrupt, desperate city. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if having AES rob people blind is Harrisburg's way of making money for itself. Probably part of their big incinerator payoff/debt recovery plan. Eff that place.